ARROW and THE FLASH lead a week of mixed original and encore programming
THE WALKING DEAD sets finale record, TBS strong with ND/KU game
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
ALLEGIANCE is the latest casualty from NBC's vast failures, over the last decade, or so. How many times have we seen a highly hyped series get taken off the air well before its scheduled end, with more episodes left unaired, than aired?
- You get a renewal, and you get a renewal and you....
- Discovery Comm. networks unveil 2015-16 slates
- Charter Communication setting up to be #2 cable provider
- CBS sets finale date
Preliminary L+SD Network Averages:
ABC - 4.3 million viewers, 1.2 rating in A18-49
CBS - 11.4 million viewers, 1.4 rating in A18-49
CW - 2.7 million viewers, 1.0 rating in A18-49
FOX - 2.7 million viewers, 1.0 rating in A18-49
NBC - 5.6 million viewers, 1.4 rating in A18-49
MAN SEEKING WOMAN is another example of just how hard it has been for cable networks to develop a successful original sitcom. Low ratings are typical for cable comedies, but MAN SEEKING WOMAN may be one of the lowest rated, this year.
HGTV is slowly becoming a force within the cable ratings. First year competition series, ELLEN'S DESIGN CHALLENGE, now adds a little star power to the growing list of successful shows by the network.
- 7:00 p.m. - Fool's Gold (Animal Planet)
- 8:00 p.m. - Idiot Test (GSN)
- 8:00 p.m. - Rev Run's Sunday Suppers (Cooking)
- 9:00 p.m. - Best Bars in America (Esquire)
- 10:00 p.m. - Brew Dogs (Esquire)
- 9:00 p.m. - Man Finds Food (Travel)
- 9:00 p.m. - Storage Wars (A&E)
- 10:00 p.m. - Shipping Wars (A&E)
- 10:00 p.m. - Jim Rome on Showtime (Showtime)
- 10:30 p.m. - My City is Just Not That Into Me (FYI)
- 9:00 p.m. - Miniseries: Dovekeepers (CBS)
- 11:00 p.m. - Fool's Gold (Animal Planet)
After two seasons, HBO has pulled the plug on the dramedy series, LOOKING. Even though the premium cable service does not care about ratings, it still needs to see if subscribers are watching their original content, and very few were not looking for LOOKING.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
- With delayed start time, RAW draws big numbers.
- Bieber Roast collects over four million viewers/top A18-49 rating
- SWAMP PEOPLE tops SAUL in total viewers
- iCARLY rerun makes top 15 chart