Header Ads

My 10 Favorite New Shows of 2010

There were plenty of new offerings during 2010. From AMC to TV-Land, broadcast to cable TV. These 10 new series are now among my favorite TV series.

10) Hawaii Five-0 (CBS)
CBS Reboot of the 1968-1980 cop drama set in our nations 50th state. I was originally not going to watch this series. I am not a fan of the straight forward cop show, but.... the slick production of the series draws you in and the chemistry of Scott Cann and Alex O'Laughlin keeps you watching. Of course Grace Park in the case doesn't hurt.

9) Million Dollar money Drop (FOX)
Yes, I am a BIG fan of Kevin Pollak. He is a great comedian, a very good actor and his podcast is on par with any TV talk show. What I love about the new game show is the concept. Starting with a million and keeping as much as you can after 7 trivia questions. The only complaint I have is the slow pace of the show. Speed it up and it will be perfect.

8) Conan (TBS)
 Over the 17, or so years Conan O'Brian I may have watched a dozen or episodes of his talk shows. I was not a fan of either show or his comedy, but after catching the TBS Premiere, I am not a loyal viewer. Perhaps its the road he has had to travel to be where he is now, but he is on top of the genre, In My opinion. Thanks NBC for Establishing TBS in Late Night TV

7) MasterChef (FOX)
Its a kinder, gentler Gordon Ramsey. I am not a foodie, but i do enjoy this cooking competition series. Letting the average person expand and grow their passion of cooking is a great concept and I am glad it has finally come to America.

6) $#*! My Dad Says (CBS)
I know I am in the minority with this selection. Shatner is perfect in this role and the show IS funny. It has good stories and has a little heart along with it. I hope it survives the mid-season hiatus and reappears on the 2011 fall schedule.

5) Mike and Molly (CBS)
It is so refreshing to have a "romantic comedy" depict real people. I believe that is the reason for its success. it is a funny show, but the characters bring it home. THE standout hit for the 2010-11 season.

4) Better With You (ABC)
My favorite new sitcom from the fall of 2010. It succeeds where other generational comedies have failed. It has great characters and is well cast. Now, if it could just do better in the ratings....

3) Hot In Cleveland (TV Land)
Yes, this best new comedy is on  TV Land. How could that Be??? Who cares. Valerie Bertinelli leads a great cast in this cable hit. the show even does a great job with getting great guest stars. if you have not watched Hot In Cleveland, do so in January when Season #2 begins!

2) Justified (FX)
Timothy Olyphant strikes again. If you liked him in Deadwood, you'll love him in Justified. Olyphant is what makes this typical police procedural in to a great series. I cant wait for the second season premiere in 2011.

1) The Walking Dead (AMC)
AMC finally puts together a quality series that can actually draw viewers. The six episodes of the first season could be the best first six episodes of any series. The Walking Dead is less about Zombies and more about how a person deals with being in a world with Zombies. Great series. A True Hit for AMC!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.