Header Ads

Review: The Walking Dead

I've waited a couple of days after my viewing of the new AMC series, to let it sink in... It is Excellent!

The first thing I got into was the production style. It has a gritty feel to it, which does help set the tone of the series. The colors are slightly muted. Nothing too bright or vibrant. The best execution if this is the scene when we leave the hospital to the suburbs.

Is The Walking Dead scary? I would say no, not in the traditional sense. It rarely uses the cheap scares you may find in most horror films. Here, it uses the inner horror of being in this situation, if it was real. I prefer this aporoach and it should prove successful for bringing in and keeping non horror fans.

The one aspect I was disappointed in was the effects used for the kill shots of the zombies. It's the sane effect used in the movie 300, but it is noticeablely CGI. A small issue I have, but does not hamper my enjoyment of the program.

I strongly recommend The Walking Dead to everyone. You don't have to like horror to enjoy this series.

This is a great series for AMC and, based on the ratings, will be the network's #1 rated series for the year.

If you have not yet had a chance to see the pilot, you can now watch it live for free at the AMC web site.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments

Powered by Blogger.