Header Ads

Wipeout Winter Wonderland - 8 episode Mini Season

ABC has announced that my favorite summer program will have a regular season run.

WIPEOUT will have an eight episode run, starting in January, to START its fourth season. The remaining 16 episodes will run during its regular summer run.

It sounds like WIPEOUT is being called up to the Majors for two reasons.
1) To bridge the gap between Dancing With The Stars seasons
and....
2) To help fill the void of the dismal showing off all of ABC's freshman series.

I think this is a great call by ABC. The more WIPEOUT we get, the better off we all will be.

I don't expect WIPEOUT to be a ratings hit this winter. It will do numbers similar to what it was getting in the summer. 7-9 million viewers and a 2.5 - 3.0 in the 18-49 demographic.

The report I read did not specify what night WIPEOUT will run on, but I would expect it to keep its Tuesday, 8pm slot. That will be an interesting battle between NCIS and WIPEOUT. Will WIPEOUT be able to carve out a slice from the #1 Drama on TV?

Of course, I did just notice that this could be bad news to those NO ORDINARY FAMILY fans, like myself. This could mean the end of the series once its initial run is done.

Good Night & Big Ball!

1 comment:

  1. Sitcomsonline states Wipeout will air Thursdays at 8pm starting January 6.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.