Header Ads

VIDEO: PAST LIFE

I caught the PAST LIFE premiere on Tuesday night and I was surprised at how much I liked it. Don't get me wrong, it is not my favorite new show. Not even close. But, it was a well crafted concept and well executed pilot.

The cast does has a very familiar structure. A female lead character with a male counter part. They handle most of the action. Back in the "lab" is the older, experienced manager and the spunky young assistant.

If the pilot is any indication, each episode will be self contained and will feature a new subject/person that begins to see visions of their Past Life. Their life before they were born into their current body.

The best way to describe what PAST LIFE is, think of a mixture of FRINGE, COLD CASE and GHOST WHISPERER. For me, this combination works. I enjoyed the mystery as they try to figure out who the past life was. The super natural/sci-fi aspect is not over powering, but there is enough to not become just another procedural type of show.

I give PAST LIFE a solid 7, on a scale of 1 to 10.

OK, now that you have my take on the show, have a sample of it for yourself. Below is the full episode of PAST LIFE, courtesy of HULU.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.