Header Ads

News & Rants - January 6, 2009

450 Episode of the Simpsons this Sunday:
Hard to believe that THE SIMPSONS have been around this long. I can remember not only when it debuted, but I was one of the few TRACE ULLMAN SHOW viewers, where the character originated.

I was was really into THE SIMPSONS too. I had the t-shirts (both official and bootleg knock-offs), bought the toys for my daughter and still have the Burger King toys and Cups from when the show first became a hit.

When the show first launched, it was BART that was the face of the show. He had all the catch phrases that everyone was saying. But it was not long before HOMER took the spot light. Then the whole town of Characters began to take shape. Krusty, Smithers, Moe, Barney, and Ichy & Scratchy. I am still surprised that they never spun-off a character off into its own show. Kructy would have been perfect for his own show.

Over the years, especially at the turn of the century, I stopped watching the series, then would come back. The Series does have its good years and bad years. As it celebrates its 20th year on TV, it has been a few since I last regularly watched it. But I think I will watch it this Sunday. 20 years and 450 episodes is a MUST SEE moment in TV History.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.