Header Ads

To Watch Leno, or Not to Watch Leno

Jay Leno's new Show (The Jay Leno Show) will premiere tonight and it will feature NBC's golden Child, Jerry Seinfeld.

I have NEVER been a fan of Leno or his humor. He was always a second rate comedian, back in the day. Why would I want to watch him now, 17 years later? Has he changed? Will he be funnier, better, different? I don't think so.

But, I am a fan of Seinfeld. He is a good interview and usually funny. But to watch Jerry, I have to sit through Jay. Is it really worth it? It is much like getting a $100 bill, but you have to dig through the full toilet to get it.

There is another factor to consider... Monday Night Football Double Header. ESPN will have football games from 7pm to about 2am tonight. These two back-to-back games will cover the 10pm time slot in all time zones. Plus, the end of Game one and the beginning of game 2 will happen during the last hour of primetime for all Eastern and Central markets.

The late game should be a good one. The Raiders are like watching a car wreck and the Chargers are one of the better teams in the league. Plus, it is the first MNF game of the season. Gotta break out the Beer and Snacks for a late night marathon.

Now, I could flip back and forth between Leno and MNF. Each NFL play is only about 5 seconds long, with about 30-40 in between. Nah!

I could sample a new Episodes of ION's original show "Durham County" at 10pm. No, wait, I don't know what channel ION is on, if my cable company even carries it.

In my market, I could get my Seinfeld fix with a rerun of his Great Series at 10:30pm. That may not be a bad idea.

In the end, I may catch a couple of minutes of the new show, just to see what it is all about. I love my Football and Leno is just not worth it. Heck, the Football could be the new UFL and I would not choose Leno over that league's play.

Now, if ABC would just give Kimmel the 10pm hour 5 nights a week, then I would watch.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.