Header Ads

Looking Back at my 2014 Predictions

Before the end of 2013, I posted my Top 10 predications for 2014. So, let's look back and see how well, or poor, I did with my future telling capabilities.

What I Got Right

#9) - The CW will add another superhero series:
This was before the word leaked that THE FLASH would be spun off from ARROW.

#8) Cord Cutting growth will hit double digits:
Before 2014, the revolution to escape the rising prices of the cable companies, was just beginning. in 2014, Networks are responding to the growing trend by offering stand alone services to customers without a cable subscription.

#6) The Supreme Court will take the Aereo case:
Unfortunately, the highest court in the US did take the case and ruled against Aereo. Today, Aereo is in bankruptcy court.

#5) FOX will cancel either AMERICAN IDOL or X FACTOR:
Hit the nail right on the head on this one. THE X FACTOR was axed and replaced by UTOPIA... Well, I guess that is why rumors are that FOX will bring back THE X FACTOR in 2015.

#2) The NFL will add a new TV package and/or partner for the 2014 season:
In the early spring, the NFL chose CBS over the other networks, to not only air the new Thursday night package for the first eight weeks, but produce all Thursday night games, through the season.


What I Got Wrong

#10) CBS will acquire a cable network:
I was close on this when Starz became available to purchase, but CBS declined to purchase the property.

#7) ABC will move SHARK TANK from Friday nights:
As popular as the series is, I would have thought SHARK TANK could have done more good for ABC, on another night.

#4) NBC will green light a third CHICAGO brand series:
Not a big stretch, but still wrong. As poor as NBC's scripted development is, I expected them to ride the CHICAGO train to another series. Perhaps net fall?

#3) A Netflix series will win a Best Actor/Actress Emmy Award:
Taylor Shilling was nominated for her role in ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK and Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright were nominated for HOUSE OF CARDS, but all walked away empty.

#1) CBS will pick up the HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER spin-off series:
They may be regretting it now, but CBS passed on the familiar for something new. Are we really better off with THE MCCARTHYS?

No comments

Powered by Blogger.